Monday, August 19, 2013

I must be avoiding something

Rehearsal (singing) went okay. We have another one on Thursday. We are somewhat rusty. I probably need to sing for the concert as we are short on sopranos, but I have my other rehearsal at 3 pm, and that one takes precedent. Doing both will mean that I'll have to lug my winter clothes around all day. Read a second play, Laundry and Bourbon, today. Played Elizabeth in scene study class in college, I think I still have a letter that "Hattie" wrote me. I've started to read The Children's Hour; I'll still probably go with my original choice, but I wanted to read the others just in case. Wrote a rough application during lunch. I think I have enough for a page, at least a start. That's due next Wednesday.

I won't do this again after 300 posts. But it's this or my going on about some guy or about monologues.

24) Best first date: Two-day road trip on the Olympic Peninsula with someone I had known only casually up to that point. I have no memory of why we even thought it might be a good idea...it was wonderfully disastrous (even at the time, I didn't think it was the wisest choice...thankfully turned out okay.) The result of two people who are spontaneous in different ways. Thank God the car didn't break down, but just about everything else that could go wrong, did. At some point, it's just funny.

23) Things that generally make me swoon (can't help myself, those ducks are pretty.): (tie)
Wood ducks
Ring-necked ducks
The moon
Music
Certain people

22) Favorite Beverage:
Coffee (though, I've really cut back, and I don't drink it after noon anymore)

21) Food I miss most:
Potatoes

20) Weirdest thing I ever agreed to do:
Look for Bigfoot in a pitch-black, ancient forest...where about 45 minutes into the search I realized I was one of only two people in the group that had not dropped acid, thankfully, the other sober one was the guy leading us. When we finally got back to everyone else a couple of hours had passed, and I found out one of my friends was about to send someone out to look for us. Thank God for friends. Never again. I will say, it's probably the type of place where a Bigfoot would live. It's remote, though I'm sure the sounds we heard were most likely deer or raccoons. (I think someone has claimed to see one in that forest. I'm glad we did not. I was in college at the time. This was at a summer job in the middle of nowhere.)

I might not actually complete this list, they are getting kinda' strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment