Sunday, August 18, 2013

Sunday-for the practice of it

It took an hour-and-a-half to get home this afternoon. It took half-an-hour to get from Seattle Center to Downtown (should be about ten minutes), partially it was Hempfest traffic, and partially it was lots of confused people who weren't sure if they wanted to get on the bus, didn't know how to pay for bus, and were confused about transfers. The bus driver was in a good mood though. Mostly I wanted to get home because I wanted to change my clothes; my t-shirt smelt like fried squid (I know because I'm the one that cooked it) but I hadn't realized it when I grabbed it, and the rest of my outfit was partial clown. The bathrooms were being cleaned, there wasn't anywhere to change...it's kinda' cute, except the tights. When I got home the entire house smelt like old, fried fish. No gain there. It's been three weeks since class ended, felt really out of practice. I think we should meet more than once-a-month, (today was for something else) but it's hard to get the on-going committment: I know people are busy, have other priorities. It is fun though. Acting, too. In both you get to do things, express things, explore parts of yourself, or parts that have nothing to do with you...all things you generally don't get to do in everyday life. It feels so good to shout and to laugh like a maniac; to not hold my tongue, but not actually hurt someone, because it's not real. And there's joy in being a fool. (And there's that external permission I still need...and I'm still receiving it, from teachers, directors, and fellow travellers...I need a lot right now, I've been pretty out of my comfort zone all summer.)

Wow, it's almost 8 pm. Got a lot I still need to get done today, first being to find clothes that still smell clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment