Thursday, August 22, 2013

Okay, I'll go ahead and finish it

Well, didn't make it to the coffee shop to get any writing done. Feeling ill, maybe won't go to singing rehearsal, but that's some hours off. I shouldn't have eaten last night, I was sick yesterday afternoon as well. The gulls have been going nuts for the past few weeks, constantly crying loudly, swooping down, I haven't seen any babies or hawks or anything. I'm sure there have been baby gulls, they do bring them here, but if there are, they are well hidden.

Actually, the movie is slow-paced, I may have made it through six more minutes before falling asleep.

19) I'm bossy.

18) Group indecision drives me nuts.

17) Unless I'm sick and on days of sleep deprivation due to jet lag, I'm a pretty easy-going person to travel with. (This is in spite of my inherent bossy-ness, and my horrible jumpiness at other people's driving. I can't help it.)

16) I love to drive. I love road trips. (Yeah, mentioned previously.)

15) I love to immerse myself in whatever the culture is of where I am.

14) I like trying to figure out public transportation when I get to a new city (except Los Angeles); it makes me feel somewhat competent. Sad, but true. (I have gotten on the wrong bus before, ended up somewhere weird-side of the freeway- and had to pantomime with the driver how to get into the city from there. It all worked out in the end.)

13) Not knowing the language isn't reason enough not to go somewhere. It would certainly make for a more meaningful experience, but you can get by.

12) Next travel for me (somewhere way in the future): Baltic states (plus Romania); Asia (not sure where, Japan or Philippines, maybe); Turkey; Morroco...just saw a low-ish air fare to Madrid:) though I don't have the time. Meisner is 12 weeks/pop. Spain still has my heart. (Ditto, for the most part as far as mentioning before.)

11) I'm not so great at being factually coherent, and I admire people that are; I am, however, pretty good at reading people (unless my personal baggage gets in the way.)

10) I am going to attempt to write no more than one post a day. At least for the rest of the week. Past experience is not in my favor.

Oh, there are babies. I just saw one throw itself into some bushes, flail, and when it finally extracted itself, it jumped up onto a basement window ledge and stared inside. The window was slightly open, but not enough for the bird to gain access. They seem to do that a lot, try to get inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment