Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday

Finally told my boss about getting into the Meisner Intensive. She said she didn't see a problem with my leaving early for the duration of the program. That's a relief to finally get it off my chest, though I didn't really think it would be an issue, I just have an irrational fear of asking for things.

I forced myself to call my landlord as well regarding the sink (leaking), the bathtub (doesn't drain) and the basement flooding. Hopefully, he actually does send someone over. He said he would. (The plumbing for the sink should probably be replaced, has been an issue for a long time.) And made a payment on my medical bills...now I can go into vacation without all this hanging over my head.

The rain must've missed the Fill, was expecting it to be a mucky mess, but it was very dry. The dust made me think of the idea of "brushing the dust off of your feet."  Earlier this summer I heard someone explain that as leaving a situation/place without any baggage. In other words, wiping off any hard feelings or resentments and moving onto the next place without carrying all or any of that with you. Had never thought about it that way before, and it might be easier said than done, but I like it. Just. Letting. Everything. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment