Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday-the world is resting

Forty minutes late for work this morning. I missed the regular bus as I was between stops when it passed by, and then all the others came at the same time, which was late. Apparently, an intersection was blocked and everything was re-routed, and then people weren't sure if they wanted to get on the bus or not, at most of the stops. An odd, slow commute. I probably coulda' walked almost as fast.  I need to get myself out the door earlier.

For the record, I'm not burned out now, that was before. I'm trying to navigate through and find a balance in my life now so that I don't fall into that pattern of overextending and losing myself again.  Not a good place to be, and it took a long time to realize that there was another choice, or choices. There were things I knew, but over the weekend I feel like I got a cosmic smack on the side of my head. It was the accumulation of recent experiences and reading and some podcast stuff I listened to...I hope it sticks. A whole new round of letting go, if only that got easier.

The branches are shaking hard on just one of the trees outside, as if it were being blasted by a very directional breeze, and one lone, sooty-colored bird plopping itself down from branch to branch that I can't get a good glimpse of . And now the shaking has suddenly stopped. Curious. Earlier I thought it was a perfect August morning, the light, the air temperature, the stillness; the holding of one moment a little bit longer before diving headlong into the next thing: the final burst of life and then the dormancy of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment