Thursday, October 17, 2013

After rehearsal

Really struggled through the 4th chair exercise, plus we were outside and it was chilly, the sun came out after our time was up.  Fourth partner has a fascinating face, very changeable. True for one last night as well, if they turned in the slightest way, almost seemed like a different person.  People are interesting, I have permission to really see that, which is cool.  Again, it's kinda' not a socially acceptable thing to do usually, so a privilege to be able to do it, to really observe someone.  Sat around reading more of the Bruce Lee book while waiting to go to choir rehearsal. Was reading self-defense advice. Later, at choir, director mentioned that his daughter, whom I know from a theatre class, got mugged as she got off of a bus last night. I should probably find a self-defense class. I've taken one in the past, but maybe time for a refresher. Not saying she should have fought back, she didn't end up getting hurt, but her bag and phone were stolen. Luckily, the next bus driver believed her and let her on without making her have to pay.  It's scary though. Ever so grateful that one of my classmates has offered to drive me home on a regular basis. Very grateful.

And another thing, I know I have needy tendencies, and I'm working on figuring out what that's all about, but being around people who run hot/cold (they give, then take it away, repeatedly) isn't really the best decision for me, it just aggravates the behavior. I'm mostly okay if I feel the ground I'm standing on is solid, that currents run kinda' steady, even if the hold/cold seems more exciting. It takes too much of an emotional toll on me. I'm gravitating more to the even keeled people. And that makes me happy, makes me feel like there's hope that I'm not always gonna be an emotional wreck.

Singing seems to be going better. The music is really high, and sometimes it's hard to sustain without a coughing fit, and I get a little scratchy, but certainly doesn't hurt, so keeping my fingers crossed that throat is better for the most part. I drank a lot of tea earlier in the evening, hope it doesn't keep me awake. I have to get up early and cook something for a potluck, since I don't feel like doing it now. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment