Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday evening

One of my co-workers had comp tickets to the UW Chamber Dance Company concert tonight. Beautiful. My favorite work was Doug Varone's Possession which is based on the A.S. Byatt book, which I'm not a fan of, and which the speaker before commented as having a Victorian feel about it, which I didn't pick up on, but the movement and fluidity and spatial awareness was stunning. All of the work was great: Doris Humphrey's Air for the G String (1928), and The Shakers-Dance of the Chosen (1930); Zvi Gotheiner's Brazilian Duets (1998); and Twyla Tharpe's The Fugue (1970) which was performed without any music, which is amazing in itself, and it was the longest piece...how do you keep time? I never did go to the rehearsal, the person that told me I could go was in a meeting, and though I probably coulda' walked into the rehearsal without her, I felt funny about it. Another time.

And there's all these great clown workshops happening, but I keep having scheduling conflicts, ones I can't change. I need to get into my body more. While we do warm-ups in Meisner, most of the time we sit, at least for now. I feel like from all the time I spend in my head, and sitting, and because of how much my arm hurts lately, my center of gravity keeps inching up higher and higher. Feeling really ungrounded. I'm reminded of this when I walk down hill or down steps, and especially when I see people dance. I should get some sleep.

I'm trying to see if I don't edit, if I still get all the spambot things hitting me. There are grammar things I want to edit in previous posts (wrong word, wrong punctuation, unclear thought, etc) but then I get like 100 spam hits. Not gonna edit this.

Okay they hit immediately, not related to editing:(

No comments:

Post a Comment