Monday, October 21, 2013

Monday and dreary

The camillias that have been setting buds for what seems like weeks, have finally bloomed, bringing the resident hummingbirds over to the window.  The sun refuses to burn through the endless overcast, and so will have to pretend the bright yellow leaves of the vine maple are the sun.  Been feeling gloomy (or glummy) lately. It's lack of sunlight. When I finally crawled out of bed on Friday afternoon, I went for a walk because the sky was blue. It's not the morning or the evening fog that bothers me (I think I've mentioned this), they are romantic and mystical, but at midday, it's just dreary. Months to go.

Maybe the only point for redemption would be to let go. I never lied and I was no one but who I am, but Jane Siberry says it better than me. I used to love this song. (I still love it, but I don't hit rewind on the tape deck to listen to it over and over again.)

The Walking, from 1988. (And I'm not posting this from the infected computer, so the link should be safe.)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXCyM7FlVyY

Her song Calling All Angels is pretty good, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment