Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Tuesday

My stomach is killing me. Been hurting for days now. Down to eating apples and cold oatmeal, figure they would soak up any bad things. Need to eat something today though, Meisner is supposed to be very physical tonight, so need the energy. Have six chair appointments scheduled for this week, hopefully, most of those will happen.

I was wrong about the A.S. Byatt, it's Angels and Insects that I didn't like.  I saw the movie a long time ago with the LA-bound actor, we didn't speak to each other for the rest of the day. As he pointed out once, we shared the same bad qualities...we probably shared good ones as well.  It was often like looking in a mirror, or dating the male version of myself. Strange, at times. He studied at Freehold (Meisner) when he lived here (where I study now). At the time, it didn't even really cross my mind that it would be a possibility for me.  Though I did do some spoken word performances back then, as a favor.

Watched The Owl and the Pussycat last night after choir rehearsal (mostly Swedish lyrics, really got to get those pronunciations down) I think it was Barbara Streisand's first movie. It was a film adaptation of a play by Bill Manhoff. The monologue I did for the scholarship was from that, so I thought it would be good to see it. Not sure if I'll use it for the auditions or not, might try to find something in Frankie and Johnny and the Clair de Lune. (I've done more character work with her already. I could also look at Rhonda from Almost Maine. I'd like to do a monologue from something I've done some background on already, since I'll need to do all that for a second one.) They kept a lot of the same dialogue, though changed the circumstances, i.e. they live in the same building, they both get kicked out of places continually, the supposed fiancĂ© is a pianist instead of a poet, he doesn't threaten to kill himself, etc. The section I did the monologue from was cut from the movie version. I found it at Scarecrow Video, it always surprises me what they have there, it's not that big of a space.

I wonder if we do chair work all year? I should get a second job over the holidays to pay for the TPS membership and headshots.

No comments:

Post a Comment