Friday, October 4, 2013

Later, that same day

The sadness lingers through the morning. I hope the sun shows its face, it would help. Went to see if my favorite barista was working, bought a day-old bagel, toasted. He was there, also subdued, I think someone had just told him something sad.

My speed-dating with arts groups ended up with a couple follow-ups regarding shows tomorrow, both of them free, early, and with people I know involved in them. I never did get my lottery event, but it's a busy month, so I suppose that's okay. There are a couple of pay-what-can nights for shows I want to see, so might do that. Ooh, no the site was down: I won opera tickets. Cool.

I wore a dress because I thought I'd be short on time between jobs (need to dress nice for the catering gig), but the latter changed the call time, so I actually do have time to go home first. I'm cold, but doesn't hurt to dress up for work:) Although the slip I love and bought specifically for this is a couple of inches too long...had to improvise. I'm meeting a classmate for chair exercises in between the two (jobs), but that's only a half hour.

Went to pay a bill during lunch, missed the fast bus back to work (and people were really driving like idiots on that route, there was the potential for multiple accidents on the way there, mostly people trying to make left-turns without really being able to see, and others trying to get into a drive-thru lane, but blocking traffic to do that.) Had to catch the scenic route, which, since the fog had burned off by then, was gorgeous: the golden trees, blue sky, view of the mountains out for the first time in days, and now with snow on them. Napped for a bunch of that, too, didn't realize I was tired. It's a long route. My lunch break was long, but I forgot to take one yesterday, so I guess it washes out.

Told the truth to random acquaintances to get it off of my chest. They won't retell it, and it was burning a hole in my mouth. Blindsided.

The sky is full of stars tonight, more visible than usual, even with the city lights. On the flight to London, we watched the clouds billow up like secret castles, and later, the colors that flashed on the horizon at the edge of the darkness. Stars out to forever. You were the first person I could share that with. When you thought I was sleeping, you leaned over and shut the blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment