Saturday, November 2, 2013

Clumsy

The library thing cleared out yesterday, so that's good. Super spacey and clumsy today. Forgot that I was drinking a mocha and put the cup in my shopping basket and then it spilled all over. The people that work at that store are super nice, and the man I told was cool about it (but then again, what are you gonna do? Accidents happen. My housemate just told me a story where he knocked down a carton of egg nog which exploded both on the floor and all over him.) He said I should go see if they'd make me another coffee, but I hadn't bought it there, so I didn't. The groceries were $50 (!), most things hovering between $1-$2 range, mostly bulk and root vegetables. It just adds up. I needed worcestershire sauce for a stew recipe, and I got cottage cheese, spelt tortillas and cut hubbard squash (that was actually by mistake, and the priciest thing, but it'll be fine.) I'm trying to cook more.

For the record, because of various posts I've written, no one that I would consider a boyfriend in my past has been physically abusive. Just for clarity. And I wasn't excusing someone else's drunkenness or lack of control (or ability to say "yes" or "no") as an excuse to abuse them in anyway saying that "they asked for it." I know way too many people that have been date-raped, or attempted, that's never okay.  I was only implying that if you act like an abusive ass when you're drunk (most people don't), you can't really blame it on the alcohol. (It reminds me of a Bill Cosby schtick about drugs/alcohol, I'd post it, but my computer is possessed. They are on youtube.)

Still can't remember what I was gonna do, so I think I'll stay home and cook. The wind has conveniently pushed all the leaves into neat piles; will make it easier to pick up.  I wanted to go to this "circus" -type performance today, that a friend is in, but it's out of my budget this week. Hopefully, they will do something again soon, my tuition is paid off for the quarter, so I will actually be able to pay to see something after next payday.

A car just crashed into our yard, but I think everyone is okay and they've called a tow truck; front of car is pretty damaged. They didn't see the red light and shot through the intersection.  Maybe everyone's a little spacey today.

No comments:

Post a Comment