Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday morning

My head and my heart have closed up in protest: nothing going in, nor coming out.  Overwhelmed and panicked with too much information.  Trying to think about the person my task is about.  Nope.  Nada.  I can't really think about anything meaningful.  Should find something mindless to do for a while.  Really, truly, blank.  Every time I try, there's a push back from my brain.  No, no, no, no, no.

What are the conditions needed to encourage imagination?  Or is it a much needed break?  Outside, it's wet in a fully enveloping way.  Inside, the radiators are on full, and I'm feeling a little sleepy, a little dull.

At some point (Friday? Saturday?) I put frozen fish in the fridge to thaw.  For the life of me, I don't remember when, though I remember who else was in the room.  I cooked it this morning, didn't smell off.  Keeping my fingers crossed that it's still okay.  Not a good day for food poisoning.  The regulars (crows) knew I was cooking, sat on the wire and waited: I gave them the salmon skin, eventually.  They seemed pleased with that.  I like that they visit, and I like being on their good side.  I can't seem to keep my thoughts straight.  Should start keeping a better list, one I can keep track of.

Not yet discouraged, but I'm sitting here calmly, and yet, completely overwhelmed. 

The only real choice is to keep trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment