Saturday, November 2, 2013

Stormy

Or rather that would be Benedetti.  Much easier to read than previous translations of Stanislavski's work, so far.  Crap! I can't think of anything. And it's not just me, not showing up with something workable and that I'm committed to, is also not showing up for the other people in the class: I have to do something, it has to have a good reason for it.  It's that even though other people are giving me permission to get out of my box, and that is immensely helpful, I still have a hard time getting out of it. I feel creatively stuck (again.)

Gonna go for a walk. Super stormy out. The lights were flickering earlier and when I looked out the window it didn't look that windy, but when I went to the recycling bin, it was blowing pretty hard.  I need to go over to the library to clear up the fine. It doesn't open for another hour, and I'm waiting, listening to a french language cd. I don't seem to have the first one, that would be helpful, I imagine it covered pronunciation. I was trying to read finnish earlier as well, and realized I've forgotten most things. I can still pronounce it though. The finnish book has no english translations what-so-ever, so harder to remember. I'll have to find my notes.

I feel like there is something I'm supposed to do today, but I can't remember what it is. Barring figuring it out, I guess I'll rake leaves and write. I need to come up with something, and I should work on monologue stuff as well. And get out of the house a few times, I feel weird on weekends if I don't leave the house. Went to a music showcase to meet a friend after the catering gig (which was fun) last night.  It was on the way home. The music was good, but the vibe last night was somehow unsettling. I can't really put my finger on it, it's sorta the same way I feel about things that reminds me of the '70's...kinda' unpleasant overall to me. I enjoyed seeing my friend, but the rest was disturbing, a combination of everything. Need to shake it off. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment