Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday-pondering

Sorting the music took almost two hours.  Found all my hardware for the other thing, don't know how I'm going to carry it.

If only common sense would win the day.  Just not happening.  Objectively, I know I should break free, but in reality, I just can't create the distance to detach.  It's odd.  Don't know why I can't let go. Weakening, but still there.

Life imitating art once again, and actually, a little too close for me.  The "concert" we did tonight was in hospice, it was for a woman who was dying.  She sang in the choir for a long time.  I do not know if I had met her, but I cried through half of the slower pieces (especially Finlandia, and the Finnish version of Silent Night.)  The current pastor was with us, she asked us to go in and touch her, so we all did.  We might have all been crying by that point. (This is too close to my task from last week.)  Another woman who fought in the Winter War in Finland, and whom also sang in the choir when I joined, and whom another soprano had been trying to arrange for us to sing the Finland program for, died yesterday.  We should have made the time.

It's life, of course, but these are the reasons people don't like to make these exercises about people they know.  Just hitting too close.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment