Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Wednesday

Picked up William Esper's The Actor's Art and Craft from the library during my lunch break and started reading it.  And in spite of the struggles with Meisner training, I feel remarkably lucky and grateful that I have landed where I am now.  Someone just asked me how I ended up doing this (I had told her about the ganache yesterday, and why I had been making it) and you know, a year ago, I didn't even know this was an real option for me.  I don't remember what I wanted a year ago, my life has changed dramatically (sorry, couldn't come up with a better word) in the past eleven months.

Later, another colleague and I got into a discussion about Meisner.  She had actually studied at the same school, with the same instructor, different program.  She has a very level head on her shoulders and it was good to talk to her.

On the eve of Thanksgiving, I'm am thankful for my colleagues, they are a thoughtful (as in think about things), and compassionate bunch.  It was a colleague's last day and I'm sorry for not saying good-bye it was beyond my ability.  You always treated me as an equal and I am forever grateful.  Hopefully, we will meet again out in the world, on a more even plain.

No comments:

Post a Comment