Tuesday, November 12, 2013

How many more tasks?

More difficult to transport than I thought. Luckily, I had one of those large cotton sacks you get from REI when you buy a sleeping bag, and even luckier, there were two busses just ahead of us that picked up most of the students, so I was able to take up two seats.  I'll have to find some alternate way to get to class tonight, it's a long walk to the bus, and then from the bus to class.  Heavy and awkward.  I wonder if we do these all year?  There was a great scene in the documentary where an actress was working on a monologue and Meisner said a couple things to her and had her say the monologue to him, and it was completely transformed.  I need that.

Speaking of awkward, a friend randomly sent me a picture of a drummer from a band he saw and said it looked like me, initially I was thinking he was comparing me to a dude, but the drummer's a woman, I finally looked the band up.  Either way, I see the resemblance.  (Similar facial shape, hair; she looks cool.)  I'll take that as a compliment.

My fingers are uncomfortably callousing (developing callouses), I'd somehow forgotten about that.  Will need to tape them for class.  I haven't done this in 12 years, maybe.  My reasons need to be stronger, though.  Both person A and person B are supposed to have extreme circumstances; whatever you are doing has to be done, and done now.  The task needs to take up all of your concentration, energy.  (Which is why the reason for doing it needs to be compelling enough to keep you doing it while the other person is trying to get your attention.)  I can't say what (the task) is until it's over with.  She said we were too detailed with our relationship on Sunday, so it's a lot less...hope we hit the sweet spot.  Also,  how much do we "use" the relationship in the "scene?"  How does the relationship affect the things we say?  I feel like it's a fine line, that it becomes "acting" when you cross it, and I'm unsure how that works.  Some people did it on Sunday, and it wasn't singled out as something not to do, but neither were the people that didn't do it (singled out for not playing the relationship out.)  It would color the interaction...but how do you not "fake" that?  We're not quite just "us as classmates" anymore, and if you are my ex-lover who cheated on me with my sister, I might treat you differently than I would if you were my grandmother.  Should that play out now?  Worth asking. Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment