Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Onto the next one

Thinking about drinking water is not the same as actually doing it and won't get rid of the headache. Dehydration headaches are nasty beasts! And my own fault, I might add, I woke up at 4 am thinking I should drink water, but didn't until after 6 when the pain got unbearable.  Just don't usually have the urge to drink water.

The cherry trees dropped most of their remaining leaves overnight leaving the Quad looking empty and somehow naked. Squirrels sit on the very tips of the nut tree branches, gorging themselves, yet keeping their bodies so still and barely bending the branches down; they must be lighter than they look. I won't try to pick one up to find out.  The horse chestnuts and pin oaks are battling it out to see how long they can hold onto their leaves.  The pin oaks will likely win, but the chestnuts put up a good show. All of it resting, waiting between active weather systems. Everything still, minus the chewing of the squirrels.

So, it worked last night, which is great, but now it has to keep happening so it's not just a fluke. I had asked how we drop into the imaginary circumstance before we start.  She said we can take as long as we needed to get there (which was good to hear, sometimes it feels like it's "go, go, go!") and she then told the class that both partners should leave the room before the exercise starts.  I was out there for a while, but couldn't drop into it, which was a shame, since I'd been getting there off and on all day.  I just started, half way through, after two extra people walked into the scene, it hit me. So it worked.  My thing was (short version) that I was trying to learn this Estonian song Tuljak to sing to an Estonian relative who was dying, whom I had just found out about. (There's a lot more to it, but that's the gist.) We switched partners again, and added a relationship element to it all.  And even though I was crying, I have to say, adding the people to the scene and having well thought out meanings to actions (both partners) does make it more fun to do the exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment