Monday, November 11, 2013

Veteran's Day

File under life imitating art.  One of my earlier tasks was to get my Finnish music in order for a show I was late to.  It wasn't a strong enough task, and Robin demonstrated having someone else mess it up by picking it up and dumping it all over the floor.  Guess what? I actually have a singing engagement tonight and have to now find the music in that pile.  I've got four hours to get it together.

I think I have a task now.  Just need to find a deeper meaning for having to do it.  And the hardware.

Went to a Veteran's Day Ceremony earlier.  A WWII Veteran received a Distinguised Alumni Award, one of the things mentioned was that he did bombing missions over Japan, and after the war he had the opportunity to meet some of the Kamikaze pilots, and formed relationships with them, recognizing their shared humanity with him.  I find that level of forgiveness and common ground amazing and inspiring, especially when we are bombarded with news of "take no prisoners" policy stands and the need to be right at any cost.

I pray for a world without the need for war.  But as long as there are tyrants and genocide, I am thankful for those willing to fight to reset the balance.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment