Saturday, November 16, 2013

Friday and dark

4:35 pm.  Calm no longer.

One chestnut hangs on to it's golden leaves, all the others stand bare-branched against the darkening sky.  Winds blow loudly.

Later, did chair work then went to an improv show about a Salem witch trial.  They played it out for at least 80 minuntes, with a short intermission.  They were good.  I've never seen a long improv production, they stayed in the time period, stayed in character, in the language, and the dialogue only really broke once, toward the end (when they were all trying very hard not to laugh), but it almost seemed scripted at times (it wasn't.)

Saturday.  Went to show again.  Knew that it was at 2 pm early in the day, somehow by the time I stopped off to pick up some persimmons (our garden has a persimmon tree) and got near the theatre, I thought it started at 2:30, and so was consequently late.  Confused when I walked into the theatre and there were no people around.  Someone came to the door and said it had started but that they'd go ahead and seat me, so I ended up in the balcony, which worked out: the sightlines were better.  I missed the first 10 minutes, maybe.  She was dynamically different than on Wednesday, which is nice to see.  I saw the whole section I missed, and I'm happy for that; my favorite parts ended up being when she did the character on the phone call, and the fight in the car with her mother, both of which I had missed on Wednesday.  The shows was Bo-Nita, written by Elizabeth Heffron, directed by Paul Budraitis, and acted by Hannah Mootz. Seattle Rep, closes tomorrow.

I haven't gotten any more writing/thinking on the relationship yet.  I'd like to let him know before we meet again tomorrow.  Went and bought some of the things for my task after the show got out.  It's chilly out.  I keep being surprised by that even though we are half way through November.  It was dark walking home. Still not quite full moon, sending out bright halos through the clouds.  Evidence of it's presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment