Saturday, June 29, 2013

All afternoon at a car show

Looking back, I see a massive wave of humanity stretching for the couple of miles of the car show when I reached one end of it. After I dropped my film off I spent a few hours wandering around in the hot sun, hot pavement, heat reflecting off of all the shiny metal. My favorite sights were the travel trailers (USA made) from the 1930's and the tiny German cars from the 1950's, one of which opened up from the very front. Almost shot another entire roll of film on the Holga, thought it'd be boring if they were all car shots, I wanted dog pictures, no good reason for that. One temp thing said 93 degrees, and the official ones say 85. I might be a little sunburned, camera and film got quite hot. Now waiting for wash to finish so I can put it outside to dry. I don't think I have enough quarters to use dryer, and it's too hot in the house anyway. Was wanting to meet up with friends tonight and tomorrow night. Tonight will kinda' depend on where, tomorrow, I have no excuse: it's close enough to the exit interview.

Ate posole (didn't burn my mouth) without thinking that it was already hot enough without it. Really like it. There was a slight breeze there, too. But still, was sweating buckets: the air was hot, and the soup was hot as well as spicy. Feel pretty good now though. Crud, can't remember when he said film would be ready. Either Wednesday or Friday, Thursday is a holiday. I'll have to take off of work to pick it up, or borrow a car, they close at 5 pm. Still waiting. Sitting in the basement, lights off, windows open and listening to KEXP and the continual drone of passing cars quickly heading toward the freeway only to get stuck in traffic there. It's a Guadalcanal Diary song moment. (Oh, I guess they were actually from Marietta, Georgia, but were generally said to be from Athens at the time.) Six degrees of separation, but this is the only Journey song I like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMD8hBsA-RI (Faithfully.) Can't remember which song linked to this one.

Ended up going to West Seattle to meet with some friends from high school. Thankfully, two of them insisted on giving me a ride home, I didn't realize how late it was. Probably would've taken one-and-a-half hours at least by bus, because of time of night and transfers, what took maybe 20 minutes by car. So, thank you!

And in spite of it being 85 degrees earlier, my laundry was not dry when I checked it at 11 pm. Now, what do I do with all this damp laundry for tonight? Not leaving it outside, and there are ants in the living room. All over the carpet. Tried vacuuming them up earlier, I don't know what they are after. They are taking a strange route, not going toward the kitchen or the garbage, just circling around, and they are tiny, very hard to see if they weren't moving. It's gross.

No comments:

Post a Comment