Monday, June 10, 2013

Evening

Tonight, when I was trying to write after rehearsal, I knew pretty strongly that no matter what else I end up doing, I want to coach or teach or direct. It's not a new thought, thought about it years ago, just pretty solid tonight.  We rehearsed on a tennis court, throwing objects at each other to indicate intention: when we are sparring, when we are asking, when we are fishing vs. when we are connecting or talking more to ourselves. I think we still could've gotten more specific on intensity of intentions, but we were hogging up the tennis court and there were a bunch of kids that wanted to ride their bikes around. They thought we were strange, one asked what type of game we were playing. It was liberating to not be in the studio, plus we need to rehearse more, and studio time adds up (you have to pay for it.)

I want to act, too. I think it would be fun, and I want to prove to myself I can, but tonight the directing/teaching instinct was a lot stronger. I might feel different tomorrow. Oh, and I definitely want to teach adults, everyone wants to work with kids, but adults need second, third, fourth, chances as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment