Sunday, June 16, 2013

Random things on a Sunday morning

10.) if a good genie came along and gave me the means to travel this year, I'd probably go to Montreal/Quebec City or, maybe Germany around Christmas. 11) Still want to go on a dog-sledding trip in the Yukon wilderness in the middle of winter to look at the winter night sky without light pollution. 12) I've never felt homesick when I've travelled because I enjoy the newness of the experience, want to soak up as much of a place as I can, try to stay in the "now." I may never be back there. Sometimes I'll have a passing thought about somewhere I'd like to be (back home), usually a coffee shop, don't know why, or I'll get emotional about a Celine Dion song that I hear on a radio in a bar in the middle of nowhere, but I don't think that's homesickness. I do however, when I'm home, get "homesick" for places I've visited. You must understand, I don't want to live there, but I ache for them anyway. Kinda' backwards, but there it is. But, 13) if this genie, or perhaps it's a wizard now, told me today that I had to go live in another city for a while, I'd probably go to London, or Santiago de Compostela, or Porto. (Foreign. US cities maybe Los Angeles, Berkeley, Santa Cruz, Key West for a curveball.  But like I've mentioned, I'm in the city I want to be in.)

I was about to get excited about having a free weekend next week, but then I remembered that I don't. Major commitment, but fun, and I'm not tied to a schedule or location for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment