Friday, June 21, 2013

Friday

Spent ten minutes looking for a t-shirt I wanted to change into this morning, because I thought it would look better than the one I was wearing. Finally realized I don't actually own that t-shirt. I may have tried it on, but for some reason I bought this one instead. Sigh. TGIF. But still, I have a busy weekend, last one for a few weeks. Maybe my mind will return. Feeling alternately scattered, and blank.

Shooting in a 24-hour photo marathon beginning tonight. A fundraiser for The Photographic Center Northwest in Seattle. I've shot 3 of the 4 years, first year, I left before my work sold, second year my picture sold really early, third year I didn't like anything I did, so didn't submit and last year I didn't participate because I was going to Finland and didn't have time to print and frame. I have an idea, hopefully it'll pan out. (And then a back-up idea if it doesn't.) Shooting with a friend for part of tonight. I've never actually stayed awake for the whole thing, fallen asleep at 2 am and woken up again sometime in the 5 am hour. I'll need to sleep at some point tonight as well. Have a rehearsal mid-day tomorrow, and we need the work, at least I really do. Like I said, I didn't feel good about how it was going last night, and I don't know if we'll be able to get in another rehearsal before the performance. The Meisner class is doing a showcase on Tuesday night in one of the spaces, plus I want to go to it, so Tuesday night is out as far as rehearsing goes.

The auction is sometime in July. You submit work, and then turn in whatever the jurors decide, and then there's a party/auction where every hour the prices go down. I think they all start at $1000 at 5 pm if you want to buy outright. The official auction usually starts around 6 pm. Around midnight, everything that's left is either $100 or less than that. It's fun. I still need to get sponsored, haven't checked to see how much it's supposed to be, it's usually $100. Oh, and everything we do is donated (time, film-for me, processing, printing, and framing). It's the only framed work I've ever had sell. People are participating all across the world.  http://pcnw.org/2013/long-shot-whos-doing-what-on-june-21-ideas-from-our-community/

I'd still take any stupid crumb...they never fall. I make acknowledgements, offer encouragement, I try to connect...I was asked to, so I followed through. But enough of that...back to my life and who I am.  Photo marathon in an hour. Need to remember how to load the Holga. Can't recall how to put the film on the reel without seeing it, I haven't shot it in ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment