Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Home

Just got home from the Meisner showcase. Somehow I thought it might run until 9 pm, but the scenes ended after 10:20 pm, and there was Q & A with the actors which I wanted to stay for, but needed to catch a bus, so ran out.  There were seven scenes, split into three groupings (3, 2, 2) the first and last were comedies, and the last one is the only one that made me cry. It's from the same play that I'm doing a scene from, almost the end. They did a great job with it, it runs hot/cold and emotionally all over the place. Sam Shepard's A Lie of the Mind really stood out for me as well.  And there was a whole lotta simmering heat overall.

Found out the Meisner interviews are on the 16th of July, and you have to have a resume. I'll need to look that up; what do you put on one when you are just starting out? Also, I was talking about the clown class (with George Lewis) to some other students and now I'm even more afraid. They were afraid to take it as well, but it's full. Someone said that they heard that if you survive it, you are afraid of nothing. (And that's a normal length course, this one is crammed into three weeks.) Yes, I'm scared. If I start to feel like I'm going to lose it, I give myself permission to quit (I never do that.) And I'm taking off the second week from work (the other class starts that week as well, that one might be intense, but it won't be scary.) I think he's the man to learn it from though, so I will.  Shit.

Anyway, this was the first night where the bus tunnel was hot, I'm usually freezing in there. The bus might have been late, but it was packed and a steam bath inside. Thankfully, someone finally decided to open some windows, they'd been fogging up and everyone was sweaty. The smell reminded me of the old busses we used to ride out to the strawberry fields when I was a kid. Summer jobs. I guess there was a baseball game earlier, which accounts for the crowd, more than usual.

My last class is this week, and then it all starts up again in two-and-a-half weeks. A short break.

No comments:

Post a Comment