Sunday, June 30, 2013

Go catch the bus now

Almost 90 degrees now and I have to go catch a bus to my exit interview. I hope there is air conditioning. Think my laundry might be dry now. Put it back out at 7 am, and last time I check, there were still damp spots (though my jeans had dried, go figure.) The man at the coffee shop put orange rind in my coffee ("by accident") even though I only paid for a mocha, I wanted enough to give him a tip.

Supposed to meet friends for bowling after I meet with my instructor. I'll try to remember to only eat and drink water. Been drinking alcohol a lot more than usual lately (past couple of months.) It was less than one drink a week, and now it's closer, not quite, one drink a day. I don't have any addiction issues, but don't feel the need to develop any either. I want to be able to focus on the art and not life drama. (When I was younger doing this, there was a lot of life drama, not just for me. It's a distraction.) I want to be present for myself and whomever I am working with, courageous, and to work hard. And I want to keep my sanity and groundedness throughout it all. Gotta go.

Happy Pride Day, by the way.

Bowling alley thankfully air-conditioned and less humid than outside. I realize I release the bowling ball with my hand turned palm-down, which makes it really slow. It's weird, I'll start the right way, but then flip my hand over at the last second. I was thinking I might be protecting the injured wrist, but I suspect I've done this for a while. Less than 100, but more than 70. No strikes nor spares, woulda' tried left-handed but was afraid of hitting someone by accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment