Friday, June 14, 2013

Screeching alarms replace the robin

Was about to get up when all the smoke detectors started to screech. Jumped up and started knocking on doors to get people up in the event there really was a fire.  There wasn't any smoke, so maybe someone was burning a candle, we never did figure it out, but after checking everything, I was shaky, and felt heavy as if I'd just been woken from a deep sleep. Upside, I was on time for work.

And I keep thinking, now, now, now I will have the free time to really sit down with this script and work this stuff out, but then, no, have a rehearsal in the morning. Gonna have to do what I can in five minutes here and five minutes there. Maybe I'll get up early enough tomorrow. Feeling kinda' groggy now.

4) If a cruel genie appeared and said I could only eat one type of food for the rest of my life I would choose Mexican. 5) There are these bright, single-petal roses that are planted alongside  the roads where I live, that is my favorite smell, followed closely (in no particular order) by horses, coffee, pine trees, and watermelon. 6) My favorite ways of wasting time lately are reading cookbooks and watching youtube videos. 7) And if that same cruel genie said I had to stay in one city for the rest of my life (but why?!) I'd choose the one I'm in: I'm committed. (Would just have to shake off the occasional aching for other ones.)

I actually get a lunch break today, but there's no one here to watch the door. Still I should go for a walk or something, it's far too silent, it's making me melancholy again. Was trying to stream a radio station but kept losing the connection. Not interested in any of the cd's I have here. Back to work for now, there's a birthday thing in a little while. Hopefully, with LOTS of noise. (There are plenty of people wandering around outside, it's just super quiet inside.)

No comments:

Post a Comment