Monday, June 24, 2013

Garden's getting watered

Still humid, but cooler and stormy now. (Very humid and warm last night, close to 100%, which is rare for here.) The crow family were outside waiting when I walked out the door this morning. The one, still off in the distance from the others. They must live in one of the trees of a neighbor, I put out some leftovers in the yard and they were watching from a couple rooftops over. There's a hummingbird sitting on a branch outside my window now, getting rained on. It looks like it might be singing, but I can't hear it. Probably looking for insects, there aren't any flowers.

There is a new source of robo-spam, I won't click on it, maybe it will go away.  If the ground isn't too saturated tonight, will attempt to salvage my two tomato plants that are still in those little pots, probably root-bound. Leaves are yellow, but I think that's a deficiency as opposed to a disease, at least I hope so. They've been in those pots almost two months now. I'll go even if it is raining, I need to weed. Really need to weed. This is the kind of weather plants love and the weeds are going nuts.

It's nice to have a bit of free time.

Ate lunch in the community center, it was pretty quiet. Sometimes someone plays the piano, but no one was when I walked in. I thought perhaps that was only during the regular academic year, but then ten minutes before I had to get back to work a student came in and began to play. Beautifully.  I also decided at lunch that it's not working for me to fall asleep every time I sit down, so goals: 1) no caffeine after noon, and 2) try to get to bed by 10:30 pm on most nights. I'd like to get to bed earlier, but trying to be realistic. At any rate, I need to get more sleep.

I think the "sense" a friend tried to talk to me, might have actually lodged inside my head. That could be a good thing. (Others have tried.) I will respect his choice to know me from a distance, if at all. Oh, guess I must've done alright on my final exam, I got an "A" for the quarter.

After gardening and walking home, I'm so tired right now, I might actually fall asleep before 10. (Pulled weeds for over an hour. That's a lot of greenery. Barely made a dent in it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment