Saturday, June 22, 2013

Where I ended up

Beach. Extremely low tide, I guess makes sense with the supermoon tonight. I wasn't expecting to find that, nor the crowds so early, coulda' walked north for miles. I didn't of course. I attempted to walk to the water's edge, found myself trapped surrounded by water to wade through, but sloshed on through the eelgrass beds. (Finally just got around to rinsing out my shoes.) I didn't see a lot of critters, though I did find these large, green, water dwelling arthropods. (Photo is blurry.)

Green arthropod at beach/LHerlevi
 They looked like super-sized versions of something we used to call "potato bugs." There were other colors, greys, beiges. Someone found a large cockle, and some kids were shouting about a bullhead and an eel. Under the dock were gigantic starfish, and frilled anemones, then a school of salmon circled around, I suppose on it's way to the Locks.

I shot a few pictures but was more interested in mucking around and looking at stuff. Had to rush back up the hill to the bus after the dock, so that I could get to rehearsal on time. Barely made it. I got lucky on both the bus home and the bus downtown. Rehearsal went okay. It was our last one. I asked if we could meet again before the performance to run lines, connect. It felt like too long of a break in between rehearsal and class last week, I felt separated from it. I don't like what I'm doing with my hands, but I did figure out more regarding the first things I say. Also, for the last 45 minutes all I could focus on was the fact that I was hungry. Note to self: EAT before rehearsal. It was super distracting. I was hoping to meet up with a friend, but haven't been able to contact, so will watch a movie instead. Not sure if I like enough of the pictures. Will see how the film turned out. I think they want ten submitted, to choose one from. It's really hot in the house now. The lovely full moon is crossing the night sky very atmospherically behind wisps of clouds.  I think it's gonna rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment