Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stay awake

Managed to stay awake for the show I went to tonight, must've gotten enough sleep last night. NWNW at On the Boards, Mainstage showcase. Overall, great showcase, choreography was beautiful. Mystiquesterium made me cry thru most of it (had to do with going from freedom to enslavement), but Josh Martin's piece entitled Leftovers is probably hands down one of the coolest things I've ever seen. I can't imagine having that much awareness of each muscle in your body. It was like watching someone in a strobe-light, minus the strobe, or watching a film frame-by-frame and slowed way down. Amazing. But, great physicality across the board. Wow. (See, I do actually like or even love, some performances.  I just don't have it in me to condone the perpetuation of abuse, even if you do it in the name of/or call it art.  Even if it's only to yourself. Although, I did appreciate that there was a narrative to that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment