Monday, June 10, 2013

Spot

When I was leaving the house this morning, Spot was sitting on the gate. I went to upright a plant that had fallen over and heard a baby crow "feed me!" cry. I looked behind me and saw a baby up on the wire, and another on the roof. Spot and co had brought the family by for a visit. Apparently, the fledglings can already fly, so, hopefully, no dive-bombing from the parents (although, since they are bringing them over to visit, they are probably comfortable enough with us not to freak out.) There were five in all, not sure who the third adult was, maybe one of those helper juvenile crows. By the time I walked out to the street, they were all lined up on the wire above me, looking down.

The robin that sings outside my window in the morning hasn't been by for a few days, maybe it's also sitting on a nest somewhere.

Here's a song for today. It's not Saturday here, but it is summer(y).  The band is Guadalcanal Diary, they were part of the Athens, Georgia scene that R.E.M. and The B-52's came out of. Song is Always Saturday. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpZtj1o9Z1I Love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment