Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spot has replaced the singing robin as an alarm clock

Woke up to the dripping of rain, sometime during the 4 am hour. A little later my new bird alarm called out: the robin has been superceded by Spot's rough-voiced singing, (and my computer is making a buzzing sound, can't be good. New thing.) Last class tonight. We ran thru lines last night in a park, someone had offered to let us use the last 1/2 hour of their studio time, but it was really hot and stuffy in the building. Dreamt about a group-therapy session where people were talking about this photographer I used to know, it was in a house, in the town I grew up in, on a street without sidewalks, and that had been covered in rocks and gravel because it needed repairs and there wasn't any money for it. (I must've had the radio on to a news station while I was sleeping-the transportation bill that would have covered infrastructure upkeep and repairs failed, so we will have cuts in transit, unrepaired roads and failing bridges. Short-sighted, it will costs much more to replace than maintain things. The radio is off now.) I probably need to get this computer looked at.

Still need to salvage my frying pan, I don't think I've cooked in over two weeks. I don't really have another one that works as well. I think about it every morning and then run out of time. I could at least wash it again and dry it on low heat, no time to stick it in the oven, and I don't have any lard or Crisco to treat it with. It's supposed to get into the 80's today, you'd never know that looking outside now. Lately, I only seem to be home long enough to sleep.

It was really stuffy in the building. Humidity at 92%...still great weather for plants. Still really high for here, in spite of being surrounded by water. There are figs ripening on trees now something that rarely happens here, even by October. Perhaps we are becoming sub-tropical.  My window is fogged up, and it's open.

After lunch, humidity back up in the mid-80's, the cool pin-pricks of falling drizzle felt good. Window open again for some air flow. Think I might have encountered a raven and baby. Lower, scratchier voice than the regular crows, baby sounded different as well. They aren't usually hanging around in the city.

Ack. Almost time for an open rehearsal with an actual audience. Nerves.

No comments:

Post a Comment