Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Should you settle?

I don't know what made me think of this right now, but the one thing that strikes terror in my heart is "settling." More so, someone "settling" for me because "you're nice, and you like me." Yikes. I want to be deeply loved, not merely tolerated until someone better comes along, while you're checking your phone or looking over my shoulder. (Been there, by the way. Awful. Doesn't end well.)  A friend of mine mentioned something about it recently. I don't want him to decide to like me just because...well, for any reason than at some point he can't imagine life without me. Otherwise, if not that, I'd rather stay single. Ugh. I want to feel the same way, maybe it's unrealistic. I know at some point it becomes a choice, a daily choice even. Giving the other person a chance. (I think my character might have this, too. Her last boyfriend left her for her best friend, so...there would be an issue there, she's testing him to see if he's sincere.) And being in the rehearsal space, I'm having a really hard time with this, with connecting, with figuring out an action to do. Most of the time I want him to leave, but sometimes I want to hear what he's saying (because I do like him), and other times I want to be right and win the argument of why we are not a couple, why there is no such thing as fate. Much work still needed. Have to perform them in two weeks. Yikes, again. (I freeze up, I need someone to shout out at intervals, "What do you want?" "What do you need right now?" That would help a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment